Re: Rad XML in octave

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Rad XML in octave
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 21:40:51 -0400

On Mar 21, 2017 8:50 PM, "ngdias" <address@hidden> wrote:

Also, could I load Xerces-J-bin.2.11.0.zip as a package instead of
javaaddpath ("/path/to/xerces-2_11_0/xercesImpl.jar");
javaaddpath ("/path/to/xerces-2_11_0/xml-apis.jar");

ie pkg install -forge Xerces-J-bin.2.11.0 ?

I suspect that would not work. The pkg command is specifically made to install prepared Octave packages. I recommend

help pkg

to see how it is used. There you will see the -forge option is only to get and install packages automatically  from the octave forge repository. You can type

pkg list

to see what you already have installed. If you're on windows and the list is almost empty, you may want to type.:

pkg rebuild

Once to refresh the list