Warnings for Cell Array Arguments to oct-file

From: Robert Wilkerson
Subject: Warnings for Cell Array Arguments to oct-file
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 10:32:21 -0700

I tried sending the following to address@hidden, but never saw the message go through (nor is it in the archives). Attempting to send again. I apologize in advance if this leads to a double post...

----

I have built a .oct file/function which allows the caller to pass in arguments which are cell arrays of character strings like so:

Result = ReadAndProcess(...
  {'A1.xml', 'A2.xml'},...
  {'B1.xml'},...
  {'C1.xml', 'C2.xml', 'C3.xml'});

My code compiles without error and produces the correct output when executed. However, during execution I'm getting a bunch of the following warning messages:

warning: implicit conversion from matrix to sq_string

...with a line number that points to the above call as the problem.

Is there something incompatible about the syntax I am using for this call? I can't seem to find much online when searching for this warning message.

Thanks in advance,
Robert