User Interface (GUI) creation: looking for an alternative to GUIDE by Ma

From: giavux
Subject: User Interface (GUI) creation: looking for an alternative to GUIDE by Matlab
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 09:18:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I have always used Matlab and one of the best things was the creation of the
User Interfaces with GUIDE.
Now, with Octave, it is more complicated to create an User Interface.
Therefore, I would like to ask you which is the best way to do that.

I can resume my last hours spent on Google looking for a solution with:
- Creating a GUI with Octave: tedious and difficult (only command line).
- Using an external GUI "manager": I found Qt and Glade as possible tools.
Nevertheless, it is not clear to me what they are and how they can be linked
with Octave.

I know that I will not find anything as GUIDE, but can you suggest to me
which direction I should take?
I don't need to create complicated and multiple GUIs within the same Octave
script, but I am looking for something immediate and easy to manage.

This is the usual type of GUI I need to create:

<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4682390/GUI.png>

Some drop-down menus, some editable text and a couple of push buttons to get
the data typed by the user and launch the script (or print a report).

I am using Windows 7 as OS.

Thank you for your time. Hope to find some good advice ;)
Cheers,

Giavux