Re: R: Issue in installing Pm

From: tmacchant
Subject: Re: R: Issue in installing Pm
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 21:13:10 -0700 (PDT)

This thread moved to private mail so that I just write what I have done to
run test suite of Pmtk3
on octave for windows.

1. Download Pmtk3 in zip archive and extracted to C:\pmtk3

2. change current directory by "cd C:\pmtk3"

3. run initPmtk3Octave (instead of run initPmtk3 for matlab)

4. confirm many supporting tool folders are installed in
C:\pmtk3\pmtksupportCopy folder by "run initPmtk3Octave" .
 (I confirmed
C:\pmtk3\pmtksupportCopy\markSchmidt-9march2011\markSchmidt\minFunc is
generated one of them.)

5. change current directory by
"cd C:\pmtk3\pmtksupportCopy\markSchmidt-9march2011\markSchmidt\minFunc"

6. generate lbfgsC.mex from lbfgsC.c on octave by executing mex command from
octave prompt.
"mex lbfgsC.c"
lbfgsC.mex is mex file complied using C compiler embedded with Octave using
mex command.

7.  Modify code in C:\pmtk3\demos\knnClassifyDemo.m
from
errorbar(ndx, mu, se, 'ko-','linewidth', 2, 'MarkerSize', 12);

errh=errorbar(ndx, mu, se, 'ko-');
set(errh,'linewidth', 2, 'MarkerSize', 12);

(around line 139)

8. change current directory by "cd C:\pmtk3"

9. run  testPmtk3

Tatsuro