Re: Issues with xlsopen

From: SteveS
Subject: Re: Issues with xlsopen
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 11:45:11 -0800 (PST)

Philip,

Thanks for your reply. I have just installed the most recent Octave for
Windows as well as the latest Java JRE.

I have tried another spreadsheet file, both .xlsx and .xls.
Below is the result of chk_spreadsheet_report.
I do not understand what you mean by "also load the windows package"
I have searched around this forum, and other places with no success.
I would appreciate any help you could offer.

Steve

>> chk_spreadsheet_support ("", 3)

(OCT interface... OK, included in io package)

Checking Excel/ActiveX/COM... not working.
1. Checking Octave's Java support... OK.
2. Checking Java dependencies...
  Checking Java JRE presence.... OK, found one.
  Java seems to work OK.
  Java (version 1.8.0_121) seems OK.
  Maximum JVM memory:   886 MiB; sufficient.
Checking javaclasspath for .jar class libraries needed for spreadsheet
I/O...:

Basic POI (.xls) <poi-3> <poi-ooxml>:
  apache-poi./poi-3....jar missing
  apache-poi-ooxml./poi-ooxml-3....jar missing
  => Not all classes (.jar) required for POI in classpath

POI OOXML (.xlsx) <xbean/xmlbean> <poi-ooxml-schemas> <dom4j>:
  xbean/xmlbean....jar missing
  apache-poi-ooxml-schemas/poi-ooxml-schemas....jar missing
  dom4j....jar missing
  => Some classes for POI OOXML support missing

JExcelAPI (.xls (incl. BIFF5 read)) <jxl>:
  jxl....jar missing
  => Not all required classes (.jar) for JXL in classpath

OpenXLS (.xls - BIFF8 & .xlsx - OOXML) <OpenXLS>:
  OpenXLS....jar missing
  gwt-servlet-deps....jar missing

ODF Toolkit (.ods) <odfdom> <xercesImpl>:
  odfdom....jar missing
  xerces....jar missing
  xml-apis/xml-commons-apis....jar missing
  => Not all required classes (.jar) in classpath for OTK

jOpenDocument (.ods + experimental .sxc readonly) <jOpendocument>:
  jOpenDocument....jar missing
  => Not all required classes (.jar) for JOD in classpath

UNO/Java (.ods, .xls, .xlsx, .sxc) <OpenOffice.org>:
  program....jar missing
  unoil....jar missing
  jurt....jar missing
  juh....jar missing
  unoloader....jar missing
  ridl....jar missing
  => One or more UNO classes (.jar) missing in javaclasspath
Some class libs lacking yet...

ans = 0