Re: Data cursor in Octave

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: Data cursor in Octave
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 01:59:21 -0800 (PST)

roland65 wrote

> Pantxo wrote
>> Yes please do so.
> OK, I filled a bug report (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?50272).
>
> Another question: would it be difficult to add a menu that calls the
> datacursor() function to the figure window? I looked at the source code,
> but I couldn't understand how to call an Octave function from within the
> C++.

See [1] for how to call m code from c++, basically with feval function.
It is thus not very difficult, but it has to be implemented for both fltk
and Qt.

As a temporary workaround you can add the menu yourself. See uimenu.

[1]
https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Calling-Octave-Functions-from-Oct_002dFiles.html#Calling-Octave-Functions-from-Oct_002dFiles