Re: msys, swig, cmake, and undefined octave dll routines

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: msys, swig, cmake, and undefined octave dll routines
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 17:33:23 -0800

On Mon, Jan 02, 2017 at 08:29:18 -0700, Brad Bell wrote:
> I am not sure if this is the right list for the question below ?
>
> I am working on a swig prototype that interfaces CppAD Algorithmic
> Differentiation to octave, python, and perl. That should be enough to know
> it would work in general; see
>     https://github.com/bradbell/cppad_swig
>
> The python version works under mingw-msys, but I am having some trouble
> linking the octave version. For example, I get the message
>     swig_exampleOCTAVE_wrap.cxx:912: undefined reference to `
>     octave_value::octave_value(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char,
> std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, char)'

Do the only link errors have some reference to
std::__cxx11::basic_string? I don't have access to Windows to verify,
but I think it is correct that these symbols are not in Octave's
liboctave and liboctinterp (at least in Octave 4.0).

Are you building your extension module using the gcc provided with
Octave or using a separate mingw-msys development environment?

If you are not using the gcc provided with the Octave 4.0.0 installer,
which gcc version is it?

--
mike