Re: pkg install -forge issues?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: pkg install -forge issues?
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 09:18:33 -0800

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 09:50:19 -0500, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
> I came across a stackoverflow question about getting a pkg install error
> [1], and realized the one time I've attempted a pkg update since going to
> 4.2.0 I got the same error.  I wound up manually installing figuring the
> issue was something temporary, but I'm getting the same issue now:
>
> >> pkg install -forge gsl
> error: get_forge_pkg: could not read URL, please verify internet connectio
> error: called from
>     get_forge_pkg at line 66 column 7
>     get_forge_download at line 26 column 12
>     pkg at line 382 column 29

How reproducible is it? If you try after a few minutes or hours does it
work again?

Does this work

  [txt, status] = urlread ("http://packages.octave.org/gsl/index.html";)

? Does it work in your web browser of choice?

Is the Windows distribution unable to cope with the sourceforge ssl
certs?

> Also, have noticed a number of issues on the help lists about issues with
> pkg commands and paths.  Make those are separate issues but did something
> change?  The path issues seem to all be on Windows. Is it OS specific?

No idea, can you specify or summarize what the issues seem to be? If
there are real problems can we get some details on the bug tracker?

The only one I've noticed recently (have not been reading closely) was
about a half install of the io package.

--
mike