Re: Problems with xlswrite

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Problems with xlswrite
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 11:31:36 -0800 (PST)

dariodematties wrote
> You are great Philip! Thanks so much.
>
>       I tested cell2csv and it worked perfectly. It is the no-failure
> solution, so I am relaxed now.
>       Yet, the ideal solution -the one which requires the least work from my-
> is to use xlswrite.
>
>       I followed your advise and used jOpendocument.
>       I strictly followed the steps you drew.
>       I executed the following command:
>
>       xlswrite ('HSTM_Output.ods', sum(H1_CC1_CL4_FiringsUnits), 'H1', 'A7',
> 'jod');
>
>       And I got the following error in octave:
>
>       error: xlsopen.m: unknown .xls interface "jod" requested.

My apologies, I put you on the wrong track, xlswrite doesn't work with jod
interface yet.

Better try the same with odswrite:
odswrite ('HSTM_Output.ods', sum(H1_CC1_CL4_FiringsUnits), 'H1', 'A7',
'jod');

(I'm busy -at slow pace- to integrate the various .ods, .xls and .xlsx
interfaces to save on lots of duplicate code maintenance. When that's
released there's no more difference between xlswrite and odswrite.  I have
it working here so that's why I overlooked this basic thingy.)

FWIW, cell2csv works a lot faster than any of the spreadsheet interfaces
anyway.

Philip