Re: RAND and government use of Octave

From: Adam Jensen
Subject: Re: RAND and government use of Octave
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 11:55:01 -0500

On 11/04/2016 05:26 PM, Alkire, Brien wrote:
[snip]

> may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use,
> recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies
> of the original message.

Is this boilerplate footer a reasonable attachment to a message that is
distributed through a public Internet mailing list? While it is probably
a technically and legally benign blurb, as a recipient I found it to be
a waste of my time and attention. Should it be the responsibility of the
people who receive your messages to try to interpret your notions of
authority and assess whether or not you have violated your
confidentiality commitments? For an organization that purports to be a
"global policy think tank", the policies involved in its basic
operations (communication) seem to be surprisingly shallow and somewhat
obnoxious.

"Soldiers of Reason", pfft.