Re: octave 4.2 on mac os 10.12 using Homebrew

From: Sebastian
Subject: Re: octave 4.2 on mac os 10.12 using Homebrew
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 15:43:25 +0200

>> On Oct 8, 2016, at 12:38 AM, SunilShah <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> brew installl octave fails on mac os 10.12 because dependency qt5 does not
>> work on os 10.12.
>>
>> Is there a workaround for installing octave on os 10.12 using Homebrew?
>>
>> Sunil
>
> This is curious. I’m running Homebrew’s GNU Octave, version 4.2.0-rc2, on OS
> X 10.12. I upgraded from version 4.0.3_4, which, if I remember correctly, was
> compiled with qt5. Everything seems to work fine. I don’t know whether I am
> using qt5 or not, but I do use qt for all my graphic work almost every day.

You might have upgraded from 10.11 and you may have not tried to recompile qt5
or qscintilla2 on 10.12 (or more precisely with Xcode8). Both are known to not
compile, see e.g. https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/5619. However,
patches have been proposed upstream. It's hopefully just a matter of days....

Sebastian