Re: octave-4.0.3 64 bit binaries for windows

From: DavidCoe
Subject: Re: octave-4.0.3 64 bit binaries for windows
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 08:29:59 -0700 (PDT)

On 14/07/2016 02:19, tmacchant [via Octave] wrote:

> [...]

It's worth speaking with (or at least tracking) the msys2 / mingw-w64
crew's discussions with the nsis people on 64bit cross-compilation.

The current msys2 toolchain offers nsis-3.0-rc1 and is malware
alert-free. Mxe and mxe-octave use nsis-2.51 with patch files largely to
do with 64bit.

Vanilla mxe has a more recent and larger patch file and (for me)
produces an alert-free 64bit zip2exe. Nonetheless, I note that by
default they skip production of some of the compiled, non-python
binaries (including zip2exe) so there may still be problems.

I imagine that nsis is of somewhat tangential interest to both of us but
the problem will be/has been resolved up-stream in due course :-).

David