Possibly a bug with setting breakpoints

From: Emma Aingé
Subject: Possibly a bug with setting breakpoints
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 16:35:29 -0600

Hi,

I have recently starting using Octave after switching from MATLAB, and I am having trouble with using Octave's debugging tools.The issue is that whenever I use the "Set breakpoint" button on Octave's GUI or I try to double click on the left of the line number, the following error pops up: error: add_breakpoint: unable to find the requested function.

I've restarted Octave, my computer, I've tried it on different files, and I've not been able to make any headway. I am using the GNU Octave, version 4.0.2 on Windows 10. It says Octave is configured for "i686-w64-mingw32".

Please let me know if you have any idea what I could do to fix this. If this isn't me making a simple mistake, I will submit it as a bug.

Cheers,
Emma Ainge