Re: How to install Octave 4.0.1 on OS X Yosemite

From: Alexander Hansen
Subject: Re: How to install Octave 4.0.1 on OS X Yosemite
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 15:41:24 -0700

> On Apr 28, 2016, at 14:58, Sunil Shah <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>

> Thanks Alex.  I was able to run mkoctfile on both versions of octave. I can
> also install control package in 4.0.1 (so far locally).
>
> Next step is to organize different package versions for different octave
> versions.

I’d love to get 4.0.x into Fink so that this gets handled automatically.  But
it’s going to be slow unless: 1)  Somebody else tries to update and adapt my
octave-3.8.2 package description with me providing guidance but not taking the
lead, or 2) somebody pays me enough that I don’t have to work next month. :-)

Option 1 is probably more realistic. :-)

—akh