RE: pkg install -forge seems broken

From: Siva, Elilini
Subject: RE: pkg install -forge seems broken
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 10:28:21 +0000

Dear Nick, Philip,

Thanks for your responses, apologies for contacting you directly, I just followed the link from a post.

I tried  the following:

>> pkg install io-2.2.11.tar.gz

warning: (Automatic loading of spreadsheet I/O Java classlibs failed)

For information about changes from previous versions of the io package, run 'news io'.

And on attempting to read an excel file:

>> xlsread test.xlsx

warning: Functions for spreadsheet style I/O (.xls .xlsx .sxc .ods .dbf .wk1

etc.) are provided in the io package. See `http://octave.sf.net/io/'.

Please read `http://www.octave.org/missing.html' to learn how you can

contribute missing functionality.

error: 'xlsread' undefined near line 1 column 1

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Ellie

Elilini Siva

Global Securitised Markets

Citi Markets and Banking

Direct: +44 (0) 203 569 4403

Team: +44  (0) 207 986 9213

Citigroup Global Markets Limited

Registered in England with number 1763297

Registered office: Citigroup Centre, Canada Square, London E14 5LB

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (or its successor)

If this communication is market commentary please go to the following URL: https://icg.citi.com/icg/data/documents/MarketCommentaryDisclaimer_emea.pdf

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments (the "Message") is intended for one or more specific individuals or entities and may be confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete this Message and do not disclose, distribute or copy it to any third party or otherwise use this Message. Electronic messages are not secure or error free and can contain viruses or may be delayed and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences. The sender reserves the right to monitor, record and retain electronic messages