Fwd:

From: Ozzy Lash
Subject: Fwd:
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 01:23:46 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jonathan Camilleri <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 1:11 AM
Subject: Re:
To: Ozzy Lash <address@hidden>

I would guess I do not have the latest version I have v4.0.0 configured for i686-w64-mingw32.

Still confused.
---------End forward ----

No, you just entered the B matrix incorrectly.  When entering a matrix, the elements of each row are separated by commas, and the rows are separated by semicolons.

You entered:

>> B = [7,9,11;8,10,12];
B =

    7    9   11
    8   10   12

When the example on the page you pointed to was:

>>  B=[7,8;9,10;11,12];
B =

    7    8
    9   10
   11   12

Read further on that page and you will find the following:

When we do multiplication:

  • The number of columns of the 1st matrix must equal the number of rows of the 2nd matrix.
  • And the result will have the same number of rows as the 1st matrix, and the same number of columns as the 2nd matrix.

When you did it, the first matrix had 3 columns and the second matrix had 2 rows.

Bill