Seeking help installing packages. New to Octave.

From: Jigyasa
Subject: Seeking help installing packages. New to Octave.
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 13:35:18 -0700 (PDT)

 Hi !
I am new to Octave.
Just installed Octave 4.0.0 in my Ubuntu 14.04 system.

On typing '*ver*' in the Command Window got to know that there were 'no
packages installed'.

I am trying '*pkg install -forge image*' but nothing happens

Now, Tried downloading and '*pkg install image-2.4.1.tar.gz*' ; it says
missing COPYING file, but the file exists when I manually checked it.

Any help pls ?

Also tried: sudo apt-get install octave-image, but it gives the following
error:

/The following packages have unmet dependencies:  octave-image :
Depends: octave (>= 3.8.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: octave-general (>= 1.3.0) but it is not going to be installed

Depends: octave-signal (>= 1.2.0) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages./

Why does it say 'not going to be installed' ?

Also tried '*sudo apt-get install octave-general octave-signal*' , same
error saying broken dependencies.

Help appreciated.

Regards