Re: Installing Octave-4.0.0 on CentOS yields QtOpenGL linking error

From: A. S.
Subject: Re: Installing Octave-4.0.0 on CentOS yields QtOpenGL linking error
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 13:21:30 -0400

It turns out that I have a piece of software that I installed locally on my user space and it installed some libraries in `~/local/lib`.  Within that directory, the software had installed `libQtCore.so.4` and `libQtGui.so.4`.  This were the only Qt related libraries installed here.  Likewise, I had set

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/path/to/user/local/lib

This meant that the linker found these libraries before the ones located in `/usr/lib64`.  Changing $LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that it no longer points to `~/local/lib`, let the linker do its job and solved my problem.