Re: Installing the symbolic package

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Installing the symbolic package
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 14:29:11 -0400

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 01:01:17 -0400, Samuel Dupree wrote:
> I've compared the PATH and which python my terminal.app is seeing versus
> what Octave_gui.app is seeing. Octave_gui.app is picking up the wrong PATH
> and the wrong python. The question that comes to my mind is how is
> Octave_gui.app picking up the PATH and python?

Like I said, it works for me on Linux, I have an intentionally
consistent PATH in everything I run. I can't help with OSX app
configuration issues, maybe others can help here or in a different
forum. If you can set PATH correctly to pick up the right Python with
sympy, then you will be able to install the symbolic package.

HTH,

--
mike