Re: Compiling for Octave 4.0.0 in ubuntu 14.04 error

From: Rick T
Subject: Re: Compiling for Octave 4.0.0 in ubuntu 14.04 error
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 08:09:55 -0400

Tom which octave dev 4.1 package did you use? Do you have a link?

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 7:33 AM, Thomas D. Dean <address@hidden> wrote:
On 07/23/15 02:47, Sebastian Schöps wrote:
Helios de Rosario wrote
RT &lt;

ratulloch@

&gt; 22/07/2015 19:02 >>>
I tried this but get an error when I run #2 I try and configure but I
get an error

libosmesa6-dev : Depends: libosmesa6 (= 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.4) but it is
not going to be installed

And

configure: error: to build Octave, you must have the PCRE library and
header files installed

I may have missed something.

I build octave 4.1.0+ on Ubuntu 14.04.  I do NOT have libosmesa installed.

I used 'sudo apt-get build-dep octave' and then configure and compile.

It worked with no errors.

Have you tried 'sudo apt-get build-dep octave'?

Here are the steps I followed.

sudo apt-get build-dep octave
## download and unpack the tar file.
## do this in a directory that you have not used before.
cd octave
./configure
make
make check