How to use Notepad++ as an interactive editor for Octave?

From: Paryshaan
Subject: How to use Notepad++ as an interactive editor for Octave?
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 03:47:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
Its a few days I'm trying how to configure notepad++ (Npp) or Octave to use
Npp as an interactive editor with Octave.
I had some success and fails and here I want to share my experience.
I have installed Octave and Npp on windows 8.1, Octave in D:\Octave-4 and
Npp in C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++
I’ve created a new .m file in D:\ and it contains these lines
a=2
b=a+2
plot(1:10)

When you open an .m file in Npp you can run it in octave by pressing F5 and
running this command:
D:\Octave-4\bin\octave-cli.exe --persist  -i -q $(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)
Which $(FULL_CURRENT_PATH) is an Npp variable and means the path to the
current file and other parameters are described in Command-Line-Options.
After pressing run a command window of Octave opens displaying
a=2
b=4
And a plot window is displayed.
It’s a way for Edit in Npp and Run in Octave but is not interactive. I mean
there is no connection between Npp and current Octave window and we can’t
pass another file to current Octave window to use the work space and so on.

I’ve installed NppExec plugin in Npp which helps to have an interactive
connection.
You can download NppExec’s latest version here and you should paste
NppExec.dll in the plugins folder in Npp install directory. After reopening
Npp in plugins tab of menu this plugin is available.
With pressing F6 and adding below command you can run current file from Npp:
D:\Octave-4\bin\octave-cli.exe --persist -i -q  $(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)
After pressing OK, no new window (not octave command window nor plot window)
is opened and the results are shown in NppExec Console. We can interact with
octave in this console! For example we can write a*b and ans=8 is displayed.
It seems we are working in Octave command window but some commands like clc
for clearing the screen doesn’t works!
And what about plot! I don’t know.
Any idea about how to fix the problems in the second method are appreciated.

Thanks for your attension
Rouhollah

-----
Paryshaan