Re: Boost libraries

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Boost libraries
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 10:41:26 -0400

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 19:45:17 -0400, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-03-31 at 18:56 +0200, JuanPi wrote:
>> What is the general opinion about using boost libraires?
>>
>> http://agora.octave.org/snippet/Vdmr/
>
> Generally a good idea. Boost is C++'s second standard library. Indeed,
> a lot of namespace std today started its life in namespace boost.

I agree with Jordi, with a caveat to watch out for new and unstable
APIs if you plan on distributing your work to others. The
bernoulli_b2n function you call in your example was introduced very
recently in Boost 1.56.0 (August 2014) so it is unlikely to be widely
available in many distributions yet.

--
mike