Re: linking

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: linking
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 13:41:05 +0100

On 08.03.2015 11:13, Francis Yee wrote:
> your present editor does not work.
> The present editor does not show anything just a blank page
> The command window tab works,
> the documentation tab works.
>
> Your documentation is horrible.
> I can't figure out how to use 99% of the commands listed.
> You need to provide clearer example of command usage.
> Otherwise , you documentation is just wasted space and is just makes for
> more confusion and frustration,. I sorry to say this, but it very
> frustrating when I can not figure out the format of the command.
>

> If it is of any help there is a free program called Doxygen that you can
> use that may be able to help you generate documentation.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/doxygen/
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxygen
> http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/
>
> http://www.artefact.tk/software/matlab/m2html/
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/25925-using-doxygen-with-matlab
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26242145/what-is-the-mathworks-way-to-generate-matlab-html-documentation
>
> https://wiki.hpcc.msu.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=17599292
>
> https://github.com/DavidBrainard/RenderToolbox3/issues/9
>
> http://ruina.tam.cornell.edu/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Documenting%20MATLAB%20Code%20with%20Doxygen
>

> On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 3:51 AM, Torsten <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     On 07.03.2015 15:59, Francis Yee wrote:
>     > Hi Folks
>     >
>     > Is there a way to link the Octave gui to a different editor?
>     >
>     > There are plenty of other more well developed editor there are out
>     there.
>     > For example, can we link to jEdit ?
>     > Or also Gnu TeXmacs ?
>     > http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/home/welcome.en.html
>     >
>     > There are a lot of other good , free editors out there.
>     > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_text_editors
>     >
>     > Just give me the ability to link to them.
>     >
>     > BTW, what language is the Octave GUI written in?
>     >

>     You can use a custom editor by setting the related preference in the
>     settings dialog (pane "Editor" at the bottom). However, there won't be
>     the possibility to run a file from this editor and set breakpoints etc..
>
>     The Octave GUI is written in C++ using the Qt framework.
>
>     Torsten

Please "reply to all" when replying to a mail in the mailing list and
please try to avoid top-posting if possible. Mailing list posts are
archived and are easier to read in the future if you trim-post or at
the very least bottom-post.

Can you give an example where it is not possible to learn the correct
command syntax from the documentation?

Torsten