Re: System of two equations of ODE2

From: Montgomery-Smith, Stephen
Subject: Re: System of two equations of ODE2
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 22:24:08 +0000

On 12/22/2014 02:57 PM, ben wrote:
> Hi!!
>
> I'm new on this forum, and also new on OCTAVE.
>
> I have to do a practise, and i have a big problem. I have two ODEs and i
> have to put them in a system(like a vector), and this two ODEs have four
> initial conditions.
> Has anybody know how to make this??
> I now thas the function is lsode, but i have no idea how to make a system
> for the two differential equations.

Is this what you want?

http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Classes/DE/SystemsDE.aspx  Examples 1 and 2.

This and many similar web pages can be found by googling "convert higher
order ode to first order"

But I am only guessing this is what you want, since you didn't specify
the order of the two given ODEs.  If the 2 ODEs are both first order,
then 4 initial conditions is too many.