Re: GUI - start?

From: Sunil Shah
Subject: Re: GUI - start?
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 16:44:24 -0800

Thank you Alexander.

The following still unclear to me:

How does one enable binary distribution of octave during the initial setup of Fink?  I could not find it in Find documentation.

It may help those following the Wiki page to know the need to use -dev versions for mkoctfile to work.

It may help to know about needing Java SDK from Apple support site and the latest Xquartz.

Sunil

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Alexander Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2014, at 1:21 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> On 1 Dec 2014, at 19:38, Sunil Shah <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Given that these questions are recurring-I went through the same set of questions with you about ten days ago, may I humbly suggest to update the information on Octave Wiki ( http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_MacOS_X ) ?
>
> that's a wiki, you are welcome to change it yourself.
> c.

I made a couple of updates in the Fink section to point folks to GUI-enabled package builds.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison