Re: install pkg

From: c.
Subject: Re: install pkg
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 11:01:23 +0100

On 28 Nov 2014, at 08:28, Philip Nienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:

> A second advice: please report your operating system & version and where you
> got Octave from (from your distro's repo, or built yourself).

from the error messages in the picture the OP is probably using the
Mac OS X binary bundle for Octave 3.8.0.

Is this correct?

> At first sight it looks like some compiler mix-up,

yes probably she doesn't have developer tools installed.

from the first line in the picture, it seems like she is trying
to install xcode from within an Octave session.

the command

xcode-select --install

should be issued from a bash session, not within Octave.
I don't know why you added the 'io' argument, that makes no sense.

> but there's too little
> info yet.

more info would indeed help.

c.