Re: Error when executing "make" on Ubuntu Linux

From: Igal Franko
Subject: Re: Error when executing "make" on Ubuntu Linux
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 23:42:19 +0200

Hi Andeas,

thank you for the answer

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Andreas Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 23.11.2014 um 15:26 schrieb Igal Franko:
> Any other ideas? I am quite at a loss here.

Are you able to use gnuplot if you execute

/run-octave --no-gui

in your build-dir and then

graphics_toolkit ("gnuplot");
plot (rand(3))

When I execute this I get a similar error to what I get when compiling, here is the output I get: http://pastebin.com/fEVtmaFd

Even though I get this error, the plot is produced and I get a new window with the plotted curves: http://oi61.tinypic.com/21j0rnt.jpg

Another idea: I normally make an out of source build:

hg clone .... octave-src
cd octave-src
/bootstrap
cd ..
mkdir octave-build
cd octave-build
./octave-src/configure
make -j8

have you tried to make a new build after installing all dependencies?
-- Andy

Yes, I have only executed the bootstrap and configure scripts after installing all the dependencies.

Thank you,
Igal F.