Re: Create an XLSX suing the OCT interface

From: ijourneaux
Subject: Re: Create an XLSX suing the OCT interface
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 07:30:54 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Philip

I had tried switching to the OCT interface because of a problem I was having
saving the XLSX files. So, for the time being, I decided to go back to the
COM interface which is what I have been using for ever.

That produced the following messages

>> xlh=xlsopen('c:/temp/test.xlsx',1,'COM');
Creating file c:/temp/test.xlsx
>> [xlh rs] = oct2xls('Test', xlh, 'testID', 'A1');
(oct2xls: input character array converted to 1x1 cell)
>> xlh=xlsclose(xlh);
warning: xlsclose: file c:/temp/test.xlsx could not be saved. Read-only or
in use elsewhere?

(File pointer preserved. Try saving again later...)

No file is saved and a copy of Excel is left running in the task manager

This seemed similar to a probalby a had a few months ago as discussed in
this thread
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-octave/2014-08/msg00108.html
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-octave/2014-08/msg00108.html>

At the time, I was unable to write an xlsx file to any of the local drives
on the computer I was setting up. After much troubleshooting I figured out
that I could write to a network drive so I just installed the scripts to a
folder on the network drive and problems solved. I was never able to explain
why I could not save to a local drive or folder.

So this suddenly happened to my development computer where suddenly I can no
longer save files to my local hard drive. This has worked for year. As in
the last episode, I can save files to a network drive. This is not a
solution this time around.

Interestingly, from within Excel I can save to the same folders without any
problems

This is probably not directly related to octave but would appreciate any
thoughts.