Re: Octave on live CD

From: Avraham Rosenberg
Subject: Re: Octave on live CD
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 07:33:04 +0300

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 11:21:37AM +0200, Michael Creel wrote:
> Hi Avraham,
> I haven't tested burning to DVD and booting, I only use this to start a
> Virtualbox virtual machine. Under Virtualbox, it autologins to the KDE
> environment. Are you sure you have the econometrics.iso image, or did you get
> PelicanHPC. I have not published and md5sum for econometrics.iso.
> Best,
> Michael
>
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Avraham Rosenberg <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
>     Dear sir,
>        I downloaded the iso, checked the md5sum, burned a DVD and rebooted.
> The
>     boot process proceeded normally and got a screen that asked for username.
>        I could not find that -and neither the passord- in your mail or
> anywhere
>     else. Could you please supply them?
>
>     (I saw somewhere a hint that the first step should be a configuration in
>     which one can chose the password, but I was given no opportunity for it:
>     the boot process proceeded without interruption up to the above-mentioned
>     screen).
>
>        Thanks in advance, and thank you for creating the iso file and sharing
>     it (as well as the build scripts), Avraham
>     --
>     Please avoid sending Excel or Powerpoint attachments to this address.

Thanks for the prompt answer. You are right: I did not find the md5sum for
econometrics.iso: While perusing your scripts, in the hope of finding there
the user-name and password that go with the DVD, I found the md5sums for
the various components of the iso.
   Unfortunately, my main interest was to learn the techniques required to
build a live cd/DVD -I have octave installed on my box (operating system:
debian wheezy).
--
Peconometrics.isolease avoid sending Excel or Powerpoint attachments to this
address.