Re: Any interest in a Human Response to Vibration package?

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Any interest in a Human Response to Vibration package?
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 08:28:32 +1000

On Wed, 06 Aug 2014 23:41:19 +1000, Damian Harty <address@hidden> wrote:

Surely new packages are always welcome, I'm not actually sure what HRV Analysis is, but can it hurt to have it?

HRV=Human Response to Vibration, like in the subject line.

"Surely it can't hurt to have it" is what leads to bloatware, confusion and errors. Look around at all the different FFT implementations for an abject lesson in software muddle, then study the Mars Climate Orbiter for what happens when people get complacent with complex software. In my opinion, your mileage may vary, etc.

I'm a bit reluctant to go through the effort of sorting out a package for this if there really isn't any use for it.

Anyway, Terry sharpened his comments up to suggest a dedicated ISO2631 package, which gets round all of my cautions. So now I'm all for it, and will help however I can.

I'm currently looking at my code to see how it can be 'cleaned up'.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell