Re: installing java and apache for using spreadsheet I/O

From: Markus Bergholz
Subject: Re: installing java and apache for using spreadsheet I/O
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 10:52:12 +0200

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 5:40 AM, rcharan51 <address@hidden> wrote:
1.) as you can see from the image mix(75,4) contains the values present in
D75 cell(02-01-3815) of input.xlsx  but mix(75,4) has

>> mix(75,4)
ans =
{
  [1,1] =  699442
}
I think this is a error related to xlsread.

address@hidden:~/tmp/xl$ grep -r "02-01-3815" *
address@hidden:~/tmp/xl$

There is no "02-01-3815" reference in input.xlsx
And in sheet1.xml cell D75 (75,4) the value is 699442
<c r="D75" s="15">
<v>699442</v>
</c>
Afaiu, this is not an error (Matlab read excel dates (date-strings) as serial numbers too!).

>> [a,b,c]=xlsread('~/Downloads/input.xlsx');
>> c(75,4)

ans =

    [699442]

So you have to convert your dates by yourself. Note: Excel starts counting dates at 01-Jan-1900 .. or something similar lol

octave:3> datestr (699442)
ans = 03-Jan-1915
octave:15> datenum ('01-01-1900','dd-mm-yyyy')
ans =  693962
octave:16> datestr(699442 + 693962,'dd-mm-yyyy')
ans = 04-01-3815
octave:17> datestr(699442 + 693961,'dd-mm-yyyy')
ans = 03-01-3815
octave:18> datestr(699442 + 693960,'dd-mm-yyyy')
ans = 02-01-3815

so xlsread is fine.

and xlswrite...I try to look later.

2).  as you can see from the image particularly at C70 C74 and C76 all
these three cells from input.xlsx have bee read correctly into the mix cell
array  without any errors, mix(70, 3) is also read correctly.

>> mix(74,3)
ans =
{
  [1,1] = RAJ JUICE, NS MARG, DARIYAGANJ
}
>> mix(76,3)
ans =
{
  [1,1] =  JUNEJA AUTO PARTS, NS MARG, DARIYAGANJ
}

but the problem is when writing this mix array to  buildingcorrect
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4665355/buildingcorrect.xlsx>.xlsx,
where nothing has been written into it( as you can see from right side of
Untitled.jpg
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4665355/Untitled.jpg>  at C70
C74 and C76 )even though data is read into the mix cell array(as shown
above) with out  any errors .

--

Yours sincerely,

Raghu Charan A,
Third year undergraduate, School of Infrastructure,
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhubaneswar, India
Email: address@hidden ,address@hidden
Mobile No: +91 7205733924

--

*Disclaimer: *This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential