Re: installing java and apache for using spreadsheet I/O

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: installing java and apache for using spreadsheet I/O
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 14:51:40 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
> From: rcharan51
> To: help-octave
> Date: 2014/6/17, Tue 13:46
> Subject: Re: installing java and apache for using spreadsheet I/O
>
> I have installed the vs2010 version.
> I have got the JRE installed still ocatve installer can't recognize that
> java is installed.
> What to do now?

Uninstall octave-3.6.4 and re-install it.
At re-install, do not forget check Octave-forge package at the dialog.

After install, check the install of packages by
>> pkg list

If you want use java package, load it by

>> pkg load java

If you want it at the startup

Write
pkg load java

into
C:\Software\Octave-3.6.4\share\octave\site\m\startup\octaverc

Tatsuro