Re: Problem saving plots

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Problem saving plots
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 08:59:32 -0400

On Jun 11, 2014, at 1:25 AM, Jonathan Webster <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a CentOS5 box with Octave 3.0.5 x86_64 and gnuplot 4.0.0
> and a CentOS6 box with Octave 3.4.3 x86_64 and gnuplot 4.2
>
> Both boxes make nice Octave plots but neither will save them with a command
> like
> print '-deps'   'foo.eps'
> i get (on the CentOS6 box:
> error:'__gnuplot_raw__' undefined near line 249 column 7
>                and near line 317 column 1
>
> The CentOS5 box makes the file, but there is nothing in it.
>
> The yum command will not further update Octave or gnuplot on either box.
>
> Thanks

Octave 3.4.3 doesn't have a __gnuplot_raw__ function, and in Octave 3.0.5,
__gnuplot_raw__ is written in c++.  The error implies it was thrown from an
m-file (If I'm wrong someone please correct me).  My initial impression is that
there is something wrong with your install.  What does "which __gnuplot_raw__"
return?

For Octave 3.4.3, what happens when you ...

        close all
        graphics_toolkit gnuplot
        plot (rand (3))
        print foo.eps

If there are any warnings or errors, please copy-n-paste them into your
response.

Ben