Re: Problem with facealpha property

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Problem with facealpha property
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 17:37:57 -0400

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:40:07 +0200, Fernando Martínez Martí wrote:
> I am trying to make a transparent area using the command area and the
> property facealpha as follows:
>
> ha=area([0 2],[3 3]);
> set(ha, 'faceColor', 'r');
> set(ha, 'lineStyle', 'none');
> set(ha, 'facealpha', 0.2)
>
> but I get the next error
> error: get: unknown hggroup property facealpha
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Two things. First, the handle returned by the area function is an
hggroup object, as explained by "help area". To set the facealpha
property you'll have to set it for each child of the hggroup. I don't
know if this is a bug or not, but I'm able to do

  children = get (ha, "children");
  set (children(1), "facealpha", 0.2);

Second, watch out for bug #39535 [1]. If you want to use facealpha
you'll have to use gnuplot.

  graphics_toolkit gnuplot

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?39535

HTH,