Octave Genetic Algorithm model

From: Martin Kuria
Subject: Octave Genetic Algorithm model
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 18:31:36 +0300

Hi,

I am writing a paper of flood forecasting, and building two models using Artificial Neural Networks.

One Artificial Neural Network model will be trained using backpropagation algorithim and the other I would like to train it using Genetic Algorithm. Then do a comparative study between the two algorithm and see which trains the Neural network better.

Please advise whether it would be possible to use Octave in modelling my networks.

Also whether Octave has Genetic Algorithm or how I can use the Genetic algorithm with Octave.

Kind Regards
Martin