Re: Is this correct?

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Is this correct?
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 10:23:38 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message -----

Frequency modulation has infinitely wide spectrum.

E.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency_modulation :
"
While most of the energy of the signal is contained within fc ± fΔ, it can be
shown by Fourier analysis that a wider range of frequencies is required to
precisely represent an FM signal. The frequency spectrum of an actual FM signal
has components extending infinitely, although their amplitude decreases and
higher-order components are often neglected in practical design problems.[4]
".

Regards,
  Sergei.