Re: Troubleshooting segmentation Violation Octave MXE 3.8.0 Win7 32bit

From: ijourneaux
Subject: Re: Troubleshooting segmentation Violation Octave MXE 3.8.0 Win7 32bit
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 08:07:40 -0700 (PDT)

At this point, this segmentation fault is the only thing preventing me from
migrating to Octave 3.8.1.  I would love to work on this but this is pretty
deep into Octave and gcc.

Philip has provided some insight into trying to troubleshoot but he won't be
able to dedicate any time to this for a while.

I was wondering if anyone else might be able offer some suggestions? I can
do the leg work if pointed into the right direction.

Although the fault is a problem that will have to be fixed at some point,
what is causing it to be a problem is that I get an alarm dialog indicating
there was a problem deallocating memory that requires the problem be
acknowledged before continuing. I am not sure if the dialog is generated by
octave (gcc) or by the operating system.  In the short term would it be
possible to not have that dialog come up?