Re: Availability of GNU Octave 3.8 on Windows

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Availability of GNU Octave 3.8 on Windows
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 05:17:01 +0900 (JST)

--- On Sat, 2014/3/22, sanjosanjo wrote:

> Markus - thank you so much for the compilation.  I love the portable version
> because of the simplicity.  Do you have any instructions for compiling the
> portable version?  I would much appreciate that added knowledge.
>
> Thanks in advance.

The instruction of making bothe installer and portable archive file is
available here.

http://wiki.octave.org/Windows_Installer

I have tried build on MinGW but it has not been successful but been successful
on Ubuntu. A patch was required and it was obtained from the below thread:

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/mxe-octave-cross-build-errors-when-building-native-gcc-tt4662612.html

Hope this helps.

Tatsuro