printing to color .eps with meshc but not with surf

From: timw
Subject: printing to color .eps with meshc but not with surf
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 04:28:01 -0700 (PDT)

(I tried to add this to my earlier post of this morning but I didnt manage to
do this. In case that helps, the confirmation string was
e7a973e367cb2d940f92dc53e48c2d9026425eda).

I simply wanted to add that all that detour about gbumps etc is superfluous and
need not be taken into account, since the same problem persisted when I simply
plotted my own function: with ‘meshc’ I was able to use print -depsc fig.eps
and obtain (despite the same warnings) a color .eps image, when I use ‘surf’ it
seems impossible to do that..
 Thanks,
Tim