Re: How do YOU handle this disparity in fft?

From: Macy
Subject: Re: How do YOU handle this disparity in fft?
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:18:15 -0800

just went to
<http://www.octave.org>
to look for that package and could not find ANYTHING ?!

You describe the same function but is "...better documented ..." Well, that
wouldn't take much. But the function is NOT the same, because the first index
value is WRONG. Plus, my script does NOT return the Nyquist value, since
Nyquist rate signals appear at the next bin just outside the range used. Thus,
it is ignored with no change applied to the value.

The whole point of the exercise of fftreal.m was to produce a simple ENERGY
accurate frequency plot, so I could compare apples to apples, including any DC
offset that works its way into the signal st that that offset appears with a
correct value.

just went to
<http://www.octave.org>
to look for that package and could not find ANYTHING ?!

AND, (pkg install -forge ltfat) doesn't mean anything to me.

Since I evidently have no way of obtaining these  programs, would you send me
the scripts, or such?

Regards,
Robert