Compile using enable64 on Windows

From: dr g
Subject: Compile using enable64 on Windows
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 19:25:26 -0500

Hello Octave Support,

I am an experienced Octave 3.6/3.8 user on Windows.
I have a very important script requires larger arrays 64 bit indexing.
It seems this must be a very common need (or limitation) which would benefit a large percent of your user base.

It would be a much appreciated blessing to have any of the following:
    a) an Octave Windows install package with Octave with 64 bit indexing already turned on.
    b) a link to download a)
    c) detailed instructions on how to download whatever files, modifications to each file for 64 bit and then compile them either whichever easiest MinGW, Visual System Studio, Intel MLK, or Nvidia CUDA.
   d) a link to c)

While my application is truly desperate for the larger arrays, because I can't run past error messages, in theory you can just you can wait for slow code.

While I am at the point where I believe in the value of the Octave as a tool so I'm willing to learn a bit about how it works inside if necessary, long term it would be nice to having a GUI drop down list of available compilers, video cards 32 or 64 bit indexing that would automatically figure out the flag settings when installing Octave. (Just like the installer today prompts for portable vs threaded.) 1st time users doing benchmarks can have a misleading sub-optimal performance and turn to other tools.

Thank you in advance :)