Can't load saved image

From: Carl Martin
Subject: Can't load saved image
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 13:13:40 -0500

I’m using version  3.6.4, and when I create an image, then save the workspace, then try to reload the workspace, I get a “trouble reading ascii file” error message, and the saved workspace fails to load, I get “failed to load matrix constant” and “trouble reading ascii file” errors, and the load fails. Here’s what I do:

X = imread(‘church.jpg’); -- ok

Y = 21;  -- ok

Save loadfile;  -- ok

Clear;  --ok

Load loadfile; -- load fails, vars x and y don’t exist.

Y – doesn’t exist

X – doesn’t exist

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Bill Martin