problem with imresize keeping aspect ratio

From: inor0627
Subject: problem with imresize keeping aspect ratio
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 02:06:46 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I'm trying to resize an image using imresize and want to keep the aspect
ratio.

The function reference for using imresize(im, [M N]) says:
"If M or N is NaN, it will be determined automatically so as to preserve
aspect ratio."

So when doing

A = ones(8,6);
B = imresize(A,[4 NaN]);

I'm expecting B to be 4x3. But in fact B is 4x1.
Can you please tell me where's my missunderstanding?

Currently I'm using the workaround
col=4;
C = imresize(A , [col round(col*size(A,2)/size(A,1)) ] );
which acts as expected. But I want to do it the right way :-)

I'm using Octave-3.6.4-mingw with Octave3.6.4_gcc4.6.2_pkgs.

Thank you,
Ingo