GUI Octave, 2 basic questions

From: Bernard Abramson
Subject: GUI Octave, 2 basic questions
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 17:45:08 -0500

I’m new to the GUI version with very limited experience of the command line version.  Using 3.8.0 on OS X 10.9.1.

1. I would like to set the default folder (directory) for the Octave programs I create.  There is an option to “Set octave directory” in a drop down in the File Browser window.  However, this is inactive as is “Show octave directory” in the same drop-down — see attached screenshot.

Is this a bug, a future feature, or is there a way to make it active that someone could explain to me?

2. Is there a way to choose a larger type face in the editor window?  The default font and text size is smaller than some of us might prefer.

Thanks,

Bernard Abramson