Re: FLTK ANtialiasing

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: FLTK ANtialiasing
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 17:55:35 -0600

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Dec 14, 2013, at 7:22 AM, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody knows if there is a way to activate anti-aliasing for the
> FLTK plots?
> Is this also graphics card dependent?

I'm not an expert, but I've assumed that anti-aliasing is the responsibility of OpenGL.

I am even less an expert, but looking at the
http://www.fltk.org/doc-1.1/Fl_Gl_Window.html

I see:

<<<<
const int Fl_Gl_Window::mode() const
int Fl_Gl_Window::mode(int m)

Set or change the OpenGL capabilites of the window. The value can be any of the following OR'd together:
FL_RGB - RGB color (not indexed)
FL_RGB8 - RGB color with at least 8 bits of each color
FL_INDEX - Indexed mode
FL_SINGLE - not double buffered
FL_DOUBLE - double buffered
FL_ACCUM - accumulation buffer
FL_ALPHA - alpha channel in color
FL_DEPTH - depth buffer
FL_STENCIL - stencil buffer
FL_MULTISAMPLE - multisample antialiasing
FL_RGB and FL_SINGLE have a value of zero, so they are "on" unless you give FL_INDEX or FL_DOUBLE.

This function called in __init_fltk__.cc in two places
and both times only FL_DEPTH | FL_DOUBLE
are set. I changed it to
FL_DEPTH | FL_DOUBLE | FL_MULTISAMPLE
recompiled, and it does make some difference
(not sure for better or for worse though...)

Dmitri.