Re: Installing Multiple Versions of Octave

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Installing Multiple Versions of Octave
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 08:34:09 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message -----

Do not forget that default 'pkg.m' does _not_ create directory per Octave
version under user home directory.

I was burned by this more than once (I routinely build and install different
versions of Octave into separate directories). As I wrote much earlier, this
was one of the reasons for hacking 'pkg.m'.

Global install of packages (i.e. into Octave proper tree) should be OK.

Overall, LD_LIBRARY_PATH might need to be adjusted per Octave version.

Regards,
  Sergei.