Re: PCRE supposedly no UTF support

From: ahowe42
Subject: Re: PCRE supposedly no UTF support
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 01:09:29 -0800 (PST)

Ok, I've spent a lot of time on this; no solution yet, but think I'm getting
somewhere.

I've debugged in Octave to verify the error comes when questdlg calls
java_invoke.  I don't have the code (or don't know where it is) to debug in
java_invoke.

Most interesting is if I call the same line in questdlg from octave
directly, I get a different error:
/
octave:1> ret = java_invoke ('org.octave.JDialogBox', 'questdlg',
'question');
error: [java] java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: questdlg
/

So this suggests the real issue is that it can't find /JDialogBox/.

Where should this be located?  I had no errors when I installed the java
1.2.9 package.

Please help me with this.  I can't revert back to Octave 3.4.3 (I had before
and worked just fine) without going through all the trouble to download and
install the previous versions of all my packages.

Andrew