Re: octave development version from source

From: c.
Subject: Re: octave development version from source
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 08:50:19 +0200

On 23 Oct 2013, at 23:09, Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> will try, but to include the error message is a bit diffficult when it
> bombs, so there is never an error message to
> see ....  ¿Is there a way I can gwet to see the error message in such cases?
>
> Kjetil

If you compiled Octave yourself you can start it using the script "run-octave"
which is in the top level of the source tree.
if you pass the option '-g' to 'run-octave' it will start the program in a
debugger.
When octace crashes you'll fall back to the debugger prompt, which you can use
to gather more info about what happened.
In particular you can use the command 'bt' (backtrace) to list the functions in
the stack, that info is usually helpful
when debugging this sort of problems.

c.