Re: gnubish question: installing packages in octave 3.6.4

From: Robert Poor
Subject: Re: gnubish question: installing packages in octave 3.6.4
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 20:43:41 -0700

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Robert Poor <address@hidden> wrote:
> What's the secret to loading packages on Octave 3.6.4 on Mac OSX 10.8.4?

After examining the tea leaves in
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Problem-installing-packages-td4586874.html,
I belive I figured out the answer: I need to load octaveNNN-dev (or in
my case, octave364-atlas-dev, since my original build was 'sudo fink
install octave-atlas').

So I did:

   $ sudo fink install octave364-atlas-dev
   $ octave
   octave:1> pkg install -forge specfun
   octave:2> pkg install -forge control
   octave:3> pkg install -forge general
   octave:4> pkg install -forge signal
   octage:5> pkg load signal

"pkg install -forge signal" generated several warnings, but it appears
to have compiled without trouble.

Yay.

(Now, can someone tell me which wiki needs updating so others don't
have to work so hard in finding the answer? :)