Re: Developing a simple UI in Octave

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Developing a simple UI in Octave
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:41:45 -0400

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Journeaux, Ian <address@hidden> wrote:

Michael

I am running Octave under windows. I found your GitHub repository for qthandles. Is there an equivalent set of instructions for installation under the windows versions of Octave? I have used the mingw and visualstudio versions of Octave in the past. If I remember correctly you are maintaining the visualstudio version of Octave.

Yes.

The current version of QtHandles in github doesn't compile with octave-3.6.x, it only compiles with current development branch. An older version of QtHandles is included in octave-3.6.2 for Visual Studio. More recently, I posted binaries for 3.7.2+, but I can't remember whether I included QtHandles in it; though I would say I didn't.

One possibility would be to use the 3.7.2+ binaries, then compile QtHandles from sources using current github version, but that's not trivial (you need to install visual studio and Qt, first). It's possible, though, as I helper someone else to do it a few weeks/months ago.

Alternatively, you could compile octave from default branch with MinGW, using MXE. Then you should be able to compile QtHandles with MinGW as well.

Michael.